The Beacon of Hope on Pine Island has the following activities and programs scheduled for February: The Beacon is open Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9am to 5pm. Computer, fax and printer available. Case managers are available during these hours. Call and make a reservation.
Free tax preparation by IRS-certified volunteers is available again at Pine Island. Volunteers will fill out federal tax returns at the Beacon of Hope office, 5090 Doug Taylor Circle, St. James, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Friday, February 17th. Schedule your appointment starting January 13th.
There are people at Beacon on Mondays and Wednesdays to help people sign up for Florida Disaster Relief.
• Food Bank – Emergency pantry available every Saturday at 9:30am while the store is open.
• Wellness Committee – Monday, January 9, 10:00 am
• Veterans Support Group meets on the first Friday of each month from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm. Call 239-283-5123 to make an appointment.
• Strange Arrangements – Mondays, 6-7:30 PM. lessons learned. music experience.
• Funding/Correspondence Conference – Monday, January 16, 10:00 am
• Grants Committee Meeting – To Be Announced
• Homeless Commission – To be announced.
• Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group – 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 9am Methodist Church.
• Yoga on Mondays from 4:00 to 5:00 pm
• The Pine Island Boy Scout Team will meet on Wednesday evenings at 6pm.
• GED classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
• ESOL classes are held every Monday at 7pm at Beacon.
• Beacon blood pressure screenings on Wednesdays from 1-2pm and Saturday mornings from 10-11am.
• Attic (Thrift Store) is open Monday through Friday from 9am to 2pm. 50% off clothing, shoes, and similar items every Tuesday.
Our wellness articles are available on our website beaconofhopepineisland.com. These articles change every few weeks. Past articles are archived so that you can read them at any time. The current article is about e-cigarettes.
Call 239-283-5123 for more information.