Tallahassee, Florida. — Traffic will be impacted in Tallahassee on Monday, January 2nd and Tuesday, January 3rd due to the inauguration of Governor Ron DeSantis on both days.
According to the Tallahassee Police Department, locals should expect traffic delays in the downtown area and changes in traffic patterns around the Capitol.
Starting Monday, January 2nd at 6am:
- The outer lanes of Monroe Street from Jefferson Street to Madison Street will be closed until 8 PM on Tuesdays.
Starting Tuesday, January 3rd at 6am, the following roads will be closed until around 4pm:
- Northbound Monroe Street on Gaines Street
- Southbound Monroe Street on College Avenue
- Westbound Apalachee Parkway on Franklin Boulevard
- Madison Street East on Duval Street
Starting Tuesday, January 3rd at 9am:
- Southbound Calhoun Street will be closed at E. Pensacola Street
- Before 9:00 AM, Calhoun Street opens to Gaines Street, with no access to the westbound or eastbound Apalachee Parkway.
Starting Tuesday, January 3rd at 4pm, the following roads will be closed until around 11pm:
- S. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard will be closed from Gaines Street to W. Pensacola Street
- Madison Street East on Macomb Street
- Both S. Macomb Street and S. Boulevard Street will be closed from Gaines Street to Madison Street