Local holiday activities and light displays. Check his website for the event for up-to-date information on event times and dates.
• Santa’s Flight Academy: through December 24th at the Great Lakes Crossing Outlets in Auburn Hills (greatlakescrossingoutlets.com/pages/sfa). Photo packages starting at $39.99.
• The Great Decorate – Nurtures hope for the holiday season to help impoverished teens based in Metro Detroit. More than 40 businesses in downtown Birmingham decorate the halls with holiday trees and creative window displays. Vote for your favorite display by donating any amount at www.TheGreatDecorate.com before December 31st.
• Magic of Lights Drive-Thru Holiday Light Display: Through December 31st, Pine Knob Music Theater Parking Lot, 33 Bob Seger Drive, Independence Twp. Passes must be purchased online at magicoflights.com/events/clarkston and are $20 or more.
• HollyDazzle – Renaissance Christmas Celebration: Michigan Renaissance Festival, 12600 Dixie Highway, Holly, 5:30-10:30 pm through December 31st. HollyDazzle features several illuminated Christmas scenes, caroling, storytelling, live Santa photo shoots, games and crafts for kids on his 4 million+ outdoor trails with over 1 million lights. It features food purchases at Santa’s Sweet Shoppe. Adults – $21.95, Children ages 5-12 – $8.95, Elf Bundle – $21.95, (1 adult + 1 child) Children 4 and under are free entry, free parking, tickets can be purchased at www.michrenfest.com increase.
Lake Orion/Orion Twp.
• Canterbury Village Holiday Stroll: Opens December 22-23 at 5pm. It takes place at Canterbury Village, 2359 Joslyn Ct., Orion Twp. It features festive lights and light shows, live Christmas performances and holiday scenes choreographed to classic holiday songs. Santa will be able to visit and his personal mailbox will be available as well. Rain, snow or shine, Holiday Stroll tickets are $14.99 per person and must be purchased online in advance at CanterburyVillage.com. Children under the age of 2 and active duty military and veterans are admitted free. Parking is $5.
• Annual Holiday Market: Thursday through Saturday, December 22nd, 11am to 7pm, Orion Art Center, 115 S. Anderson St., Lake Orion, www.facebook.com/Orionartcenter.
• The “Tree of Teeth” Christmas Tree DMX Holiday Music Light Show will be held nightly from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm through January 6 in front of Preservation Dental at 371 E. Main Street North Building. The nearly 20-foot tall tree is made up of over 1,000 oversized plastic white molars with over 1,000 twinkling lights.
• Santa’s Flight Academy: Through December 24, Twelve Oaks Mall Lifestyle Café Food Court, 27500 Novi Road, Novi, book online at shoptwelveoaks.com/pages/sfa, photo packages starting at $39.99.
• Tree Festival: The public can vote for their favorite tree through December 30th. The Christmas tree is “adopted” by a non-profit organization and hung at participating merchants in downtown Pontiac. The nonprofit with the most votes will receive $500 for Holidayextravaganza.org.
• “Blue Christmas” Service: December 22nd from 7-9pm at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church, 100 Romeo Road, Rochester. The general public is also very welcome. Christmas Eve services are at 4pm and 10:30pm on stpfeeds.org.
• A Christmas Carol Performance: through December 24th, Meadow Brook Theatre, 378 Meadow Brook Road, Rochester, 248-377-3300, www.mbtheatre.com. $36 and up.
• Walk with Santa: Select a time and date through December 24th. The Village of Rochester Hills Shopping Center in Rochester Hills, Festival Park, Outdoor Shopping Center, 104 N Adams Road, Rochester Hills. No reservation required. Check the hours on the www.TheVORH.com website. Guests are invited to bring their own cameras.
• Holiday Walks and Winter Wonder Lights: through December 30th at the Oakland University campus at 350 Estate Drive, Meadow Brook Hall, Rochester. During the day, Holiday Walk takes visitors through the historic mansion gen. Timed tickets are $20, youth tickets are $7.50. Meanwhile, Winter Wonder Lights is a self-guided outdoor event with light displays on site from 5:30pm to 10pm most nights through December 30th. Adult tickets are $22 and youth tickets are $22. $12 each at www.meadowbrookholidays.com.
• The Big, Bright Light Show: Every night from 5:00 pm to midnight through January 21st, Business Holiday Lighting in Downtown Rochester, www.downtownrochestermi.com.
• Menorah Lighting: December 21, 4:30-6:00 PM, Royal Oak Downtown, South Center Street, 3rd & 4th Streets. Hosted by the Royal Oak Chabad Jewish Center. The event features a giant Lego menorah light, dreidel ice sculpture, s’more roasting station, children’s activity center, gelt drop, heated tents and more, and is free to attend at jewishroyaloak.com. increase.
• Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo: through January 8, select weeknights and most Sundays from 5:00 to 9:00 pm most Fridays and Saturdays from 5:00 to 10:30 pm, event at 5:00 pm It will take place at 10:30 am. Zoo, no habitat access, general admission tickets from $17 each, free entry for children under 2, $8 parking, wildlights.detroitzoo.org.
• Holiday Lights Contest Tour: The City of Troy has announced the winners of the Troy Holiday Lights Contest. See the city’s interactive Holiday Lights Tour Map online.
• Santa Claus and The Grouch: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through December 23rd, Oakland Mall (412 W. 14 Mile Road, Troy). Santa makes a solo appearance Monday through Thursday from 10am to 8pm on weekdays. There is no pre-registration for these events, on a first-come, first-served basis. Photo packages are available but not required. $12.99+, OaklandMall.com.
• Santa’s Visit: Somerset Collection Holiday Castle, North Grand Court, 2800 West Big Beaver Road, Troy through December 23rd. Santa’s visits are available Monday through Saturday from 10 AM to 6:55 PM and Sunday from 12:00 PM to 5:55 PM. The Children’s Only Holiday Shop is open from 12pm to 6pm through December 23rd at Somerset Collection North, Level 3, near Nordstrom.