Brainerd Area News | | Ken & Tess | | Ken Thomas
Along Ken Thomas | |
A few years ago, with the arrival of winter in the lake region, everything came to a halt. There were no events scheduled.
No more! Every weekend until the first weekend of his March this year there are events happening in his one of our local communities. From 5k to polar plunges, ice fishing, fireworks and more, there are plenty of fun events for the whole family.
Here is the list of events I found. For more information, search on Google or search on Facebook.
- January 7 Ice Fest at Breezy Pointth
- Back to Hack, Hackensack, January 13-15
- Antique Snowmobile Rendezvous on Lake Pequot January 20-21
- Jaycee’s Ice Fishing Extravaganza, Jan 28
- 48th Annual Lumberjack Walk, Northland Arboretum, January 28
- Crosslake Winterfest February 2-4
- 19th Annual Cuyuna Lakes Chamber Ice Fishing Contest and Scorpion Home Coming on Serpent Lake, February 4th
- Bobber Bocce on Ice, Lake Pequot, 11th February
- ICE Fest Ice Carousel, Green Prairie Fish Lake, February 11-12
- Nisswa Winter Jubilee, February 17-19
- Duck fishing, Garrison, February 18
- Frozen Shore of Gull Lake February 24-26
- A polar bear dives into the Special Olympics at Breezy Point on March 4th
- Iced Tea Open, Moonlight Bay, Crosslake, March 4thth
- 49th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Cross Lake, March 18
I may have missed some, so let me know if you know of any upcoming winter events.
In the meantime, get outside and enjoy the winter!