The President’s Office has a budget under the General Appropriations Act for activities and events taking place in Malacanang.
Claim: President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. used his family’s wealth to fund government programs.
The video containing the allegations showed several video clips of Marcos’ activities in the Malacanang, allegedly funded by the Marcos family’s wealth.
Reasons for fact-checking this: A YouTube video containing this claim has over 7,700 views at the time of writing.
Funding from GAA: The video did not explain how Marcos was able to use his family’s wealth to fund government programs and activities.
The video shows Marcos’ next activity in Malacanang from January 23 to 26, 2023.
- Media Roundtable – to be held on 23 January 2023
- Meeting with Key Officials of Department of Information and Communication Technology (DICT) and Department of Transport (DOTr) – 24 January 2023
- Meeting with USDA – to be held on 24 January 2023
- Meeting with Presidential Legislative Liaison Office (PLLO) Officials – January 24, 2023
- Philippine Army Brigadier General Ramon Zagara Wears the Rank – January 25, 2023
- Meet with Barangay Health and Wellness Partylist – January 25, 2023
- Newly Promoted Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) Officer Oaths in – January 26, 2023
For these events, the Office of the President uses Office of the President funds provided under the General Appropriations Act (GAA).
Under the 2023 GAA, the Office of the President has a budget of P151 million for its close functions at Malacanang and a budget of P264 million for managing special events and internal affairs held at the palace. I have. – Lorenz Passion/Rappler.com
If you have any questionable Facebook pages, groups, accounts, websites, articles or photos in your network, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.You can also report suspicious claims #FactsFirstPH Tip Line by message facebook rapper Also News break with direct message on TwitterYou can also report through us. Viber Fact Check ChatbotLet’s fight disinformation fact check All at once.