(41NBC/WMGT) – Several school districts in central Georgia are canceling after-school activities due to upcoming inclement weather.
- Bibb County School District “Out of an abundance of caution about possible inclement weather, all after-school programs and activities have been canceled today. Please arrange for your child to be picked up from school at normal dismissal times today. Thank you for your cooperation in ensuring our safety.”
- Baldwin County School District Canceled all student activities after school and the evening sports day.
- Hancock County Schools We released early from school from 12:15 p.m.
- Twiggs County School “For students and employees, we will be closing early on Thursday, January 12th. Students will leave at 1:00 pm and staff will leave at 1:30 pm. We are planning to reopen the school.
- Crawford County Schools Posted on social media:
- monroe county schools After school practices, programs, child care and games have all been cancelled.
- Washington County Schools Schools open 30 minutes early, car passengers can be picked up at all campuses from 2:30 pm, and bus passengers should expect to return home a little earlier depending on traffic and weather conditions. I have.
- Ace Academy is also implementing an early dismissal, starting at 1:15 pm and canceling all afternoon events.