Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that works in more than 60 countries to reach people in distress, victims of natural and man-made disasters, and victims of armed conflict, regardless of their origin, religion or creed. We support without discrimination. Political affiliation.
MSF Operations Center Brussels is looking for:
Mission Mental Health Activity Manager (m/f/x) Ukraine
MSF Belgium currently has five projects in different regions of Ukraine.
MSF manages medical transport intensive care unit (ICU) trains, which are able to move patients from overcrowded hospitals close to the fighting area to hospitals with higher capacity farther from the fighting area.
MSF is providing mental health and psychosocial support to internally displaced persons (IDPs) and people returning from captivity in areas such as Hostmel outside Kyiv.
MSF runs mobile clinics throughout the Krivilly region, providing basic medical care, including sexual and reproductive health. At Apostlab hospital, MSF is supporting the emergency room to deal with mass casualties and providing an ambulance referral service from Apostlab that transports patients from hospitals closer to the front line to farther-away medical facilities.
In newly liberated villages in the Kelson region, MSF runs mobile clinics that include primary health care and mental health components.
In Zhytomyr, MSF provides social support (food and hygiene kits) and emotional support to all active TB patients. MSF also continues to support local tuberculosis hospitals, providing tuberculosis drugs and other medicines, as well as consumables for testing.
MSF is working with front-line hospitals and primary health centers in the Donetsk region to ensure that patients can continue to be treated, even if heavy fighting cuts them off from supply lines, with appropriate supplies and supplies. We make sure we have enough training.
Since the beginning of August, Kostiantinivka Hospital has been assisted in the repair of the emergency room and operating room (OT), with regular visits from the MSF surgical team.
MSF also manages ambulance referral services from Kostyantynivka and Pokrovsk, transferring patients from 11 hospitals close to the front line to far-flung health facilities.
Finally, there are also external MSF activities in newly liberated areas, with mobile clinics for primary health care and psychological support.
Mission Mental Health Action Managers ensure the proper functioning and functioning of mental health actions in missions by supporting Mental Health Action Managers (MHAMs) in projects that provide quality care and improve health outcomes for patients and their communities. Ensures adjustment of the population.
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the proper functioning of mental health activities at mission level and ensure implementation of activities (education and counseling sessions, tracking of delinquents, Strengthening of support groups, cooperation with social stakeholders, community awareness activities, etc.)
- Evaluate mission needs according to changing medical needs and circumstances (including defining log frames and budgets) and develop tools (training materials, counseling and educational protocols, flyers, flip charts, games)
- Monitor and evaluate activities at the mission level (if required) by defining metrics, following up tools, and designing contingency plans in collaboration with the project’s MHAM.
- Functionally supervises the MHAM of the project and provides technical support through regular project visits.Ensuring consistency across projects and promoting mutual learning
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department and MHAM to ensure that the staff involved in its activities are in the relevant personnel processes (recruitment, training/introduction, evaluation, potential detection, development, and internal communication) in order to ensure the right talent. ).Team size, capabilities and skills
- Head of Mission (HoM) and Medical Coordinator (MedCo) to represent MSF to the Ministry of Health and other national and international partners on all matters related to their area of responsibility, including national development of regional strategies and lobbying activities .sufficient human resources
- Compile and analyze data from projects to contribute to mission reporting.
- Document lessons learned in this area of activity and operational research
- Provide technical support to the team and the Project Medical Referent (PMR) in the absence of the MHAM on the project to ensure quality of care and implementation of the medical strategy.
- Supporting data analysis and reporting projects on mental health activities
- Participate in medical coordination to coordinate, plan and strategize emotional support for local staff.
- Support medical coordination in identifying and validating a network of external psychologists to support local staff.
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Psychology or Social Work OR MD Degree with Specialization in Psychiatry
- At least 3 years of basic work experience as a psychologist or other similar profession
- Desirable work experience in mental health projects with MSF and other NGOs
- Fluent in English
- Strong ability in team management, communication and work planning
- Planned launch date: February 15, 2023
- Contract form: 6 months fixed term contract
- Location: Based in Kyiv, Ukraine
- Mobility required for regular travel in Ukraine
- Salary by MSF-OCB Field Salary Table
- no family status
- Adhere to MSF principles and management values (Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment)
- Comply with the MSF Commitment to Conduct How do I apply?
How to apply
how to apply?
Online application to submit Until January 17, 2023 The latest is from the following link. This link will take you to the online application tool.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
MSF value Diversity We are committed to building an inclusive work environment. We welcome applications from all eligible candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or partnership status, race, color, ethnicity and nationality, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to the use of your personal data by MSF. For more information, See our Privacy Notice for Job Seekers.