With an event-packed calendar of this year’s Ride Summertime Rolls series from NPDC’s Let’s Go team, it’s time to get the bike out of the garage and get through this summer.
The annual program features a series of fun activities aimed at getting people to enjoy their bikes, scooters or inline skates.
Not only will popular events return this summer, but there will be a variety of new events as well.
“If you’ve been riding a bike for a while and want to rebuild your skills and confidence, registering for the Returning Riders event on January 18 is a great place to go,” says NPDC Let’s Go Advisor Nadine. order.
“We will also be bringing back favorites from years past, such as Frocks on Bikes and Race the City, which is a great evening event in the city center of New Plymouth,” she adds.
Other events include Inglewood, Waitara and New Plymouth Elementary Bike Days, Walkway History Rides, Twilight Coastal Cruises & Picnics, and the Mangamaho Explorer Ride hosted by New Plymouth Mountain Bikers.
All 13 events are free to attend, but spaces are limited and some require pre-registration.
- Wednesday, January 18: Return Riders: 5:30pm-6:15pm, Central School.
- Thursday, January 19: Bikes and Beer: 5:30-7:00 PM, Shining Peak.
- Sunday, January 22: Walkway History Ride: 1-3pm, Pioneer Park, Breakwater Road.
- Wednesday, February 1: Return Riders: 5:30pm – 6:15pm Central School.
- Sunday, February 12: Bike Park Fun Day: 10am-12pm.Taranaki Velodrome & Bike Park
- Friday 17th February: Race the City: Registration at 6pm, race starts at 6:30pm. The number is limited.
- Play with your bike:
o Inglewood Primary, Wednesday, February 15, from 4:00pm to 5:30pm
o St. John Bosco, Wednesday, February 16, from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
o Waitara Central School, Wednesday 22nd February from 4:00pm to 5:30pm
- Thursday, February 16th. Bikes and Beer: 5:30-7:00 PM, Shining Peak.
- Tuesday, February 21st. Frocks on Bikes: 5:30-7:30 PM, Wind Wand Parking Lot
- Thursday, February 23rd.Twilight Coastal Cruise & Picnic: 6pm-8pm, Wind Wand
- Tuesday, February 28th. Mangamaho Explorer Ride: 5:30 PM, Plantation Road Parking Lot.
For program details and registration, visit the Ride Summertime Rolls on the Council’s website (npdc.govt.nz).
- Let’s Go offers a range of initiatives and projects aimed at encouraging people to choose more sustainable modes of transportation.
- We work with companies to offer sustainable travel plans and run events such as the month-long Fresh Air Challenge.
© Scoop Media