Bacolod City: Binalbagan Municipal Government in southern Negros Occidental has implemented new guidelines including limiting the number of visitors at the emerging highland tourist attraction commonly known as Mount Hermit in Barangay Biao.
Mayor Alejandro Mirasol on Thursday issued a series of five executive orders for 2023 after uncontrolled crowds left trash in the area and went viral on social media.
Mirasol’s offices have also received reports of unauthorized groups collecting fees from visitors.
“Start-up [Friday], all tourists, leisure visitors and all visitors who intend to Hermit and Trece at Sitio Bulwan in Barangay Biao in Barangay Biao are required to register with the Municipal Tourism Office at least one day prior to travel. ) Said.
The advisory said a maximum of 300 tourists or leisure visitors will be allowed to enter the Hermit and Trece sites at any time and a list will be submitted to the barangay for checking at the entrance.
“This is to regulate visitor numbers and ensure visitor safety. We encourage everyone to comply with the rules and guidelines mandated by the LGUs and Barangays, especially regarding garbage. ‘, said Mirasol.
At least 911 people have already registered to visit Mount Hermit this weekend, according to data released by the city government on Friday afternoon.
Registration is free and you can trade in person or online by scanning the QR (Quick Response) code or by clicking the website link posted on the official Facebook page, Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm. can be done. .
Crowds at Mount Hermit numbered in the thousands, and concerns were raised, especially on weekends, when photos of trash left by visitors across the area were uploaded to social media.
An improved road last year, leading to two waterfalls on opposite sides of the mountain range, has become a popular destination for hikers, bike riders and families seeking scenic beauty and cool mountains. Wind.