University Park, Pennsylvania — Due to the forecast of sleet, freezing rain and snow, Penn State University has rescheduled its final exams from Thursday, and will hold them on Thursday, December 15 at 4:00 a.m. at the University Park Campus. Canceled activities and work in Until 5am on Friday, December 16th. Only employees providing essential services should report during this time. Final exams scheduled for Thursday have been rescheduled for Friday, with limited availability on Saturday.
The university rescheduled final exams for Friday and conducted exams on a limited number of Saturday mornings. Additionally, although individual instructors may decide to offer exams online and asynchronously and communicate that decision directly to students, there is no college requirement to do so.
all tests are done in the same place As originally scheduled, but on the following date and time:
- The exam scheduled for Thursday at 8:00 am is now scheduled for Friday from 12:20 pm to 2:10 pm.
- The exam scheduled for Thursday at 10:10 am is now scheduled for Friday from 2:30 pm to 4:20 pm.
- The exam scheduled for Thursday at 12:20pm is now scheduled for Friday from 4:40pm to 6:30pm.
- The exam, which was scheduled for Thursday at 2:30 PM, is now scheduled for Friday from 6:50 PM to 8:40 PM.
- The exam, which was scheduled for Thursday at 4:40 PM, is now scheduled for Friday from 9:00 PM to 10:50 PM.
- Exams scheduled for Thursday at 6:50 PM are now scheduled for Saturday from 8:00 AM to 9:50 AM
For more information on rescheduled exams, please visit the University Registrar website.
Given that the rescheduled final exams may interfere with students’ ability to attend graduation ceremonies or leave the campus as planned for winter break, the University has advised faculty and staff to We are flexible with students who have conflicts of interest and ask them to work with them on an individual basis. to find a solution.
In addition, students living on campuses whose final exams have been rescheduled will have their move-out date extended.
Face-to-face activities on campus
In-person activities scheduled between 4:00 AM on Thursday, December 15th and 5:00 AM on Friday, December 16th are cancelled. Activities starting after 5:00 AM on Friday, December 16th will continue as originally scheduled.
The HUB-Robeson Center is open on Thursdays, but extra caution is advised if you must visit the HUB during the winter months.
Employees who provide “essential” services: Employees previously identified as being required to appear on campus for work and performing essential duties to maintain operations are required to appear on campus as directed. Employees who are required to be on campus for work during such events are subject to Campus Closure Compensation Hours as provided in the Guidelines. Employees should make it clear to their manager whether their status is required or non-essential before inclement weather occurs.
All other employees, except those employed at the Applied Research Laboratories (ARL), You must not report to work until normal campus operations resume and will be eligible for Campus Closure Pay as per university policy. Employees should review the “Official Closures” section of the University’s Weather Day Absence Policy (HR Guideline 10) for specific information on how absences due to weather conditions are handled. ARL will continue to follow ARL’s internal policies for all weather-related closures.
Employees with questions about campus closures should contact their departmental human resources consultant.
- Employees currently on campus will be dismissed at 4:00 AM on Thursday, December 15th. These employees are eligible to receive Campus Closure Benefits for part of their shift after 4:00 a.m. Thursday, December 15, as required by the guidelines.
- An employee who starts work before 5:00 a.m. on Friday, December 16th and is scheduled to finish work after 5:00 a.m. on Friday, December 16th reports at 5:00 a.m. on Friday, December 16th. , must complete part of the day. These employees are eligible for Campus Closure Pay for the portion of their shift prior to 5:00 a.m. on Friday, December 16, subject to guideline requirements.
- Anyone with scheduled work hours that begin and end between 4:00 am on Thursday, December 15th and 5:00 am on Friday, December 16th must not report. These employees are eligible for Campus Closure Pay as required by the Guidelines.
- Anyone planning to report after 5am on Friday, December 16th should report regularly.
Additional weather information, continuous updates
Each Penn State campus will make its own decision as to whether to cancel classes, exams, and activities depending on weather and local conditions. Details for each campus will be shared on campus websites as needed.
The decision to reschedule final exams and cancel work and other activities at University Park was determined to be in the best safety interest of the university community. University officials continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates as necessary. The latest information is shared through Penn State News, Penn State University’s PSUAlert system. twitterand WPSU TV and Radio.
All employees and students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own safety. Faculty, staff, and students should use their best judgment when considering the need to travel to campus or leave early during inclement weather. Faculty and staff should review Weather Day Absence Handling (HR Guideline 10) for specific information on handling weather absences. Union representative employees should refer to collective bargaining agreements. Information about class attendance policies is available at undergrad.psu.edu and Faculty Council Policy 42-27 (Class Attendance).